INSTALLATION, REPAIRS, AND MAINTENANCE
Catering to the Consumer
Shepp Electric Co., Inc. technicians have been factory trained and certified for both residential and commercial generators for over 25 years. Even during the warranty period it is highly recommended by the factory that the generator units be inspected and serviced on at least a yearly basis to keep them in top running condition. Shepp Electric Co., Inc. offers that service under contract and has factory trained and certified technicians performing this important service. Unlike some companies with little experience who may claim to know what they're doing, our technicians are highly experienced since they have years of experience on ALL sizes of units and engine types. Behind the scenes our incredible office manager will keep a complete service history record on every unit installed from day one. This helps each technician to offer the highest level of service and maintenance for each customer, over 2,000 every year!
Below is a listing of checks and services that are performed on the yearly maintenance inspection and can vary according to size and model of unit. We are also available for warranty work and/or troubleshooting and repairing any problems that may come up. Our emergency service is available 24/7 if needed.
The following items will be checked: (Once annually unless otherwise requested)
- Pre-Start Checks: Engine Running Checks
- Visual Inspection Engine Governor/Actuator
- Fuel Line Filter All Gauges
- All Coolant Hoses Warning Lights/Shutdowns
- Engine Coolant Heater Output Voltage
- All Pulley Belts All Electrical Connections
- Battery Trickle/ Battery Cables All Electronic Controls
- Spark Plug Wires Transfer Switch Operation
- Spark Plugs Fluid Leaks
- Electrical Connection
- Oil Level
- Coolant Level
- Engine Fluid Levels (Liquid Cooled Only)
- Block Heater (Liquid Cooled Only)
- Change Oil and Filter (If Needed)
- Automatic Operation and Engine Running in Manual will be checked.
- The unit will be cleaned
- The exhaust will be painted (weather permitting)
- The generator will be switched back to Automatic (Oil change and Battery replacement at the discretion of the Inspection Technician.)
Please contact us for more info.